Be Baby

November 15, 2004

Countdown

Lilypie Baby Days

I opened this blog on August 30th, but didn't have the courage to start feeding it and making it public until today. I wasn't sure what i wanted to say here that wouldn't be told out in ambivalence. I wasn't even sure i wanted to say that much about something so private as expecting a baby. Also, i didn't know if i should write in English.

I was born in Madrid and Spanish is my first language for everything except -for various reasons- my blog. Speaking about my child belongs to the intimate sphere and thus should be in Spanish. But this is an ambivalence spin-off and i do have the intention of speaking English to the baby from day one (or minus 200, for that matter).

Finally, my last reason for keeping this second journal is all the baby-related theme. I understand that, now i'm pregnant, i'm fascinated by the subject and this may not be the case with other ambivalence readers. I think it's a good idea to still speak my mind on these issues and give the baby a chance to have his/her own space in my blogging life.

So here is 'Coming Up Next', a place where i intend to talk about pain, fun, strong emotions, happiness, scary thoughts and this little ball rolling inside my womb.

1 Comments:

  • Congratulations! I'm sure the baby will be gorgeous! : )

    By Blogger Halfmad, at 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home