Be Baby

April 21, 2005

Expect it
I think today was my last pre-labor class so i feel excited and, of course, expectant. Last night i had regular contractions, which has happened before, but after talking to the teacher i pretty much know much when i'm supposed to run for the hospital and when to simply breathe in and out, or change position.

The women in class wished me good luck and said we'd meet again at the parks. It's good to start having acquaintances in town. I realized how lonely my day had been when i started enthusiastically chatting with a girl stretching next to me.

I'm obviously looking forward to seeing the little one's face (and coming up with his name!). Other feelings include a thread of anxiety and a strange laziness. No nesting syndrome for me. I can't find the batteries needed to vacuum the apartment or keep everything as neat as i should. I don't want to imagine how things will look when Baby is around.

Tomorrow at noon i have another monitoring test at the hospital. It may be the regular stuff or i might start kicking fast contractions. In that case, i guess i'll have to stay there and come back home with a baby after a couple of days. Expecting, expecting.

1 Comments:

  • Uma, congrats and the best of luck to you! How exciting.

    Also: Do you have a wish list?!

    By Blogger Halfmad, at 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home