Be Baby

July 28, 2005

Strong weakness
I'm feeling so dizzy, it's scary. The heat is shaking all the energy out of my body, but there is something else. I get up fast and, of course, i feel i might faint. I get up slow and i feel i might faint if i do it a little faster. I play with Muffin on his playmat and jungle gym, then i get dizzy after four minutes. A rush of sweat leaves me on the verge of passing out, panting for breath and wondering when it'll all go away.

I go to the doctor after a week. I know i'm not pregnant again, i know i generally have low pressure, i do not know what's wrong with me. I tell her. She gets the concerned look in her doctor eyes. I keep telling her. She asks the questions, does the tests, grins. Wait. She grins? It's the baby, she says. My eyebrows take a trip towards my scalp. He's big and strong, she explains. You're nursing him for dear life, day and night, every time he wants to. He's taking part of your strength and that's why you feel weak.

So all i need is to take the iron pills again. Strong breastfeeding, i suppose.

1 Comments:

  • Hey, I linked to your blog from netmoms.org

    You were saying that you had low enery and stuff and I can seriously agree with you. My son is almost 6 months old and he doesn't breastfeed as much as he used to when he was about a month old since he's already eating solids but I have no energy whatsoever.

    Good luck with your son! You seem happy.

    By Blogger Nicole Adams, at 3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home