Be Baby

January 02, 2006

Muffin out of the oven
The first night without Bruno was a huge event in this family. It was my birthday and we had tickets to go to a concert. The Muffin slept at the Mountain Family House with my mother and the Mountain Family, -including the M&m's, of course.

I used the phone twice. I called right before going to the gig, to check on Bruno's bath, bottle and bedtime, which went fine. And then i called the following morning. No urges in the middle. I thought about him, but i enjoyed our night in town entirely. No regrets, no guilt feelings. Pure fun.

We had booked a room right at the city center, which turned out to be a magnificent idea. After a little walking (not fun: very cold, no like) looking for a taxi and an ATM after the concert, we managed to get in one piece to the Susan Club, a trendier than trendy bar owned by my clever pal Juan. A bunch of close friends (Kurt, Trix, Nick, Dixie plus hubby) joined us for a jolly round of mojitos (mmmmmmmmmmm) and presents (mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm) and i felt as happy and excited as an 18 year old girl on her first night out.

When Juan-the-bar-owner-and-clever-friend-of-Uma came to say hello, he failed to invite me to a round of cocktails as an unexpected birthday present but did comply with an official complaint about ambivalence. You know, my blog. The other blog. The first one. He claimed i've done my fair share of Muffin talking there. He said it was boring. He then regaled me with a grand smile while i was left muttering "you're right you're right you're right".

He is right. I'd thought about it before but the idea was too blurry to alarm me. There's not much use updating my life with Muffin when i have a site completely devoted to Bruno right here. Plus, i'm neglecting the rest of my life. Granted, not much is going on aside from the baby babbling, but i could at least type away on what little non Muffin related events occur.

This baby absorbed mum is slowly pulling out of the nest. That's a resolution. Happy New Year.

1 Comments:

  • Well, I don't agree with your friend. Your posts haven't been boring because of the topic "motherhood & baby", I found it very interesting to see how your live was developing in a new direction. If your life has been focused on your baby, it's pretty normal that you write about it in your blog.
    En fin, nos gusta lo que escribes, trate de lo que trate ;-))))
    Muchos saludos and take care!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home