Be Baby

April 19, 2006

Four days til toddler
A year ago today i had two things in my mind. One, i kept looking at the mirror and thinking i was a beach ball. Two, i was frantically clicking the mouse to find the perfect baby item in the shape of a rug, a high chair or a rocking duck. In other words, i was getting ready. Or so i thought. At the time, i believed i had still a whole week to go before Bruno was born, yet it was only four days til his birth day. 4 little days, and babs will be One Year Old.

I think this means he will soon be reaching amazing milestones both for him and me, and i already picture myself staring in disbelief as he walks (*gasp*) around the room, reaching out to every single item -especially the dangerous ones.

It means he'll try his first words any minute now, though he already goes on and on about mamamamama and papapapa. He's attempted 'OK' and 'ball' as well. I can't wait for him to try 'house', 'dog' or 'discombobulated'.

A year old. That's not even a baby anymore! It's the beginning of toddlerness, right? I'm confused. I'm devastated. I'm proud. I'm happy. I'm one year old, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home